Plexr is a revolutionary innovation in the field of aesthetic medicine and surgery. Plexr removes excess skin in a process called sublimation allowing us to tackle a multitude of problems without a single cut or stitch.
What can Plexr be used for?Plexr is commonly used for:
- brow lift
- saggy skin around the eyes (called 'non-surgical blepharoplasty', 'plexr blepharoplasty', 'soft blepharoplasty', 'soft eyelid surgery')
- scars & stretch marks
- acne (active or scars)
- tattoo removal (any colour)
- tightening skin in any part of the body e.g. neck & jowls
- removing benign moles/warts/skin tags/sebaceous cysts
Treatment time: consultation appointment 30 minutes, treatment appointment 90 minutes, follow-up appointments 20 minutes each.
Pain relief: Numbing cream followed by numbing injections.
Aftercare: You will need to keep the area clean, moist and protected from sun exposure. You will be given an aftercare kit with creams to be applied twice a day for 7 days. This helps to promote healing and optimise your treatment results. You will need to protect from sun exposure until all of the redness has settled post-treatment.
Plexr is very safe, it can even be used on the inner rim of the eye. The side effects of treatment are:
- crusting of the skin (a thin crust forms over the area treated with Plexr)
- swelling (for up to 7 days)
- soreness/itching at the treatment site (for up to 7 days)
Prior to treatment, the doctor will discuss Plexr in detail with you, including a thorough review of the risks/complications and how to look after the treated area to ensure you get the best results.
The treatment is permanent. However, the skin will continue to age and eventually you may see problems such as wrinkles, saggy skin etc re-appear (usually after 5+ years). This is a normal process of ageing and the Plexr treatment can simply be repeated again.